Data warehouse appliance maker Netezza this week issued a self-congratulatory note for doubling the performance of its gear through some software trickery. In August, Netezza issued Release 4 of its Performance Server (NPS) system, providing customers with a major performance boost for sorting through database queries. How much …
DB2 and Sybase IQ have had this for a long time
It's about time netezza has at least announce this functionality. Oh BTW...Netezza means rubbish in Italian
Moore's law on steroids
So where do the small penises come into play?
It's a streaming compression
format gzip(which is ancient) is one too nothing new here. I am working on a new product bullshitometer for those who are forced to listen to this tripe. Mostly it scans press releases for long paragraphs and deletes them thus saving you the time it takes to dismiss the marketing claims.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?