It doesn't rain, it pours!
"...discs include the real and changed names of up to 350 people who have changed their identities after giving evidence against criminals..."
I've lost count of the number of different blunders that have occured.
1. 25million records put on to CD's
2. One set goes missing so ANOTHER set of CDs are resent.
3. Which feckless moron (i.e. manager that will remain blameless and free) decided to fuckabout with security policy and procedure to let PRIVATE DATA be extracted to untrackable/unauditable CD! Unauditable format sent to the Audit Office!!! Alarm Bells are ringing!
4. Why hasn't the Security Officer resigned in protest/shame after this shambles? Who is he; can we name and shame him and ensure that he never gets hired anywhere else (and any qualifications [CISSP] are revoked).
5. The NAO only required a subset of data - clean data free of Financial details; but HMRC thought that writing a slightly more complicated SQL statement would be too costly. (The old Mastercard ad with the word "priceless" could be fit in here somewhere).
6. As a result of the above, 7 million people's banking details are also on the Organized Crime market somewhere.
7. "Their names have been changed to protect the innocent"... Well... er... not really...
8. Nothing but Bullshit, Bollocks and Spin from the Government
9. No one has been held accountable (and nor will they be)
10. Some poor "Junior Tea-Boy" is blamed and has been effectively placed under house arrest.
11. No one has been nor will they be punished.
12. Instead, they say they want even MORE data and wrap the request in lies that "Biometrics will keep us all safe" from all the baddies out there! (And all the baddies on the inside can be trusted implicitly).