The original classified top-secret PhD thesis of famed Nazi and NASA rocket scientist Wernher Von Braun is to be auctioned in New York today. Von Braun, as most Reg readers will be aware, grew up in pre-war Germany. In 1934 he wrote a 166-page PhD dissertation on, erm, rocket science. The document won the young Von Braun his …
In the words of Tom Lehrer....
"Once the rockets are up,
Who cares where they come down,
That's not my department,
Says Wernher Von Braun."
Reminds me of the Tom Lehrer song
"Vunz ze rockets are up, who cares vere zey come down,
Zat's not my department" says Wernher von Braun
Don't forget his biopic....
"I Aim For the Stars" (... but sometimes hit London)
Has anyone mentioned . . .
the Tom Lehrer song?
As learned from colleagues in the Royal Artillery....
"I fire my missile in the air.....
where it lands, I know not where"
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it