The original classified top-secret PhD thesis of famed Nazi and NASA rocket scientist Wernher Von Braun is to be auctioned in New York today. Von Braun, as most Reg readers will be aware, grew up in pre-war Germany. In 1934 he wrote a 166-page PhD dissertation on, erm, rocket science. The document won the young Von Braun his …
In the words of Tom Lehrer....
"Once the rockets are up,
Who cares where they come down,
That's not my department,
Says Wernher Von Braun."
Reminds me of the Tom Lehrer song
"Vunz ze rockets are up, who cares vere zey come down,
Zat's not my department" says Wernher von Braun
Don't forget his biopic....
"I Aim For the Stars" (... but sometimes hit London)
Has anyone mentioned . . .
the Tom Lehrer song?
As learned from colleagues in the Royal Artillery....
"I fire my missile in the air.....
where it lands, I know not where"
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory