The original classified top-secret PhD thesis of famed Nazi and NASA rocket scientist Wernher Von Braun is to be auctioned in New York today. Von Braun, as most Reg readers will be aware, grew up in pre-war Germany. In 1934 he wrote a 166-page PhD dissertation on, erm, rocket science. The document won the young Von Braun his …
In the words of Tom Lehrer....
"Once the rockets are up,
Who cares where they come down,
That's not my department,
Says Wernher Von Braun."
Reminds me of the Tom Lehrer song
"Vunz ze rockets are up, who cares vere zey come down,
Zat's not my department" says Wernher von Braun
Don't forget his biopic....
"I Aim For the Stars" (... but sometimes hit London)
Has anyone mentioned . . .
the Tom Lehrer song?
As learned from colleagues in the Royal Artillery....
"I fire my missile in the air.....
where it lands, I know not where"
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things