UK telecoms regulator Ofcom has announced details of its upcoming auctions of "high-frequency" spectrum. The preliminary deadline for applications to participate in the auctions has been set at 16 January 2008, to be confirmed before the Christmas break. The bands to be sold off are the 10 GHz, 28 GHz, 32 GHz and 40 GHz ones, …
Money for old rope (a small chunk of a very long rope)
"The regulator expects that the auction approach will stimulate the UK economic activity, 3 per cent of which it believes to consist of "use of the radio spectrum"."
Not to mention stimulating a fat pile of cash for the government in return for doing sweet FA!
The last thing I'd read on the previous article* was "How can you measure the speed of light with chocolate and a microwave?"
(*"Geek gifts for Christmas", in case you wondered)
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast