Samsung will next year put GDDR 5 into mass production, it said today after announcing 6Gb/s 512Mb chips based on the graphics memory spec. Samsung 512Mb GDDR 5 Samsung's GDDR 5: due next year It's not the first. Qimonda began sampling a 512Mb GDDR 5 chip early last month and was quickly followed by Hynix, which upped the ante …
See... This is exactly the reason why I can never buy a new computer. I've been waiting since they announced PCI-Express to pony up the bucks for a good one, and every time I'm thinking about buying one something else awesome is slated to come out... Its just mind blowing. Oh well. Guess Ill keep on the sideline until I see something I REALLY want a super computer for.
You do realize that you'll be waiting forever if you do that!
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it