Samsung will next year put GDDR 5 into mass production, it said today after announcing 6Gb/s 512Mb chips based on the graphics memory spec. Samsung 512Mb GDDR 5 Samsung's GDDR 5: due next year It's not the first. Qimonda began sampling a 512Mb GDDR 5 chip early last month and was quickly followed by Hynix, which upped the ante …
See... This is exactly the reason why I can never buy a new computer. I've been waiting since they announced PCI-Express to pony up the bucks for a good one, and every time I'm thinking about buying one something else awesome is slated to come out... Its just mind blowing. Oh well. Guess Ill keep on the sideline until I see something I REALLY want a super computer for.
You do realize that you'll be waiting forever if you do that!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default