The UK Justice Secretary has launched a nationwide investigation into how the court system updates the Police National Computer after a review earlier this year threw up flaws in the process. Jack Straw late last week announced the investigation would cover the "national process and practice for withdrawing warrants, involving …
I've seen warrants issued over a year late, or to addresses that the suspect had left years ago. On top of that the addresses had sometimes been visited three or four separate times by other officers, but this never made it through to the PNC.
UK government and computers
Doesn't really need further comment at El Reg, but I think there is space only for one elephant in the room.
Possibly true, but maybe the elephant was female... and pregnant!
"Where any evidence of misconduct was found disciplinary investigations have been undertaken."
How about investigations into incompetence?
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked