The UK Justice Secretary has launched a nationwide investigation into how the court system updates the Police National Computer after a review earlier this year threw up flaws in the process. Jack Straw late last week announced the investigation would cover the "national process and practice for withdrawing warrants, involving …
I've seen warrants issued over a year late, or to addresses that the suspect had left years ago. On top of that the addresses had sometimes been visited three or four separate times by other officers, but this never made it through to the PNC.
UK government and computers
Doesn't really need further comment at El Reg, but I think there is space only for one elephant in the room.
Possibly true, but maybe the elephant was female... and pregnant!
"Where any evidence of misconduct was found disciplinary investigations have been undertaken."
How about investigations into incompetence?
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks