The UK Justice Secretary has launched a nationwide investigation into how the court system updates the Police National Computer after a review earlier this year threw up flaws in the process. Jack Straw late last week announced the investigation would cover the "national process and practice for withdrawing warrants, involving …
I've seen warrants issued over a year late, or to addresses that the suspect had left years ago. On top of that the addresses had sometimes been visited three or four separate times by other officers, but this never made it through to the PNC.
UK government and computers
Doesn't really need further comment at El Reg, but I think there is space only for one elephant in the room.
Possibly true, but maybe the elephant was female... and pregnant!
"Where any evidence of misconduct was found disciplinary investigations have been undertaken."
How about investigations into incompetence?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs