The UK Justice Secretary has launched a nationwide investigation into how the court system updates the Police National Computer after a review earlier this year threw up flaws in the process. Jack Straw late last week announced the investigation would cover the "national process and practice for withdrawing warrants, involving …
I've seen warrants issued over a year late, or to addresses that the suspect had left years ago. On top of that the addresses had sometimes been visited three or four separate times by other officers, but this never made it through to the PNC.
UK government and computers
Doesn't really need further comment at El Reg, but I think there is space only for one elephant in the room.
Possibly true, but maybe the elephant was female... and pregnant!
"Where any evidence of misconduct was found disciplinary investigations have been undertaken."
How about investigations into incompetence?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize