A round of applause this morning for Samsung and CNN for jointly securing the web's most inappropriate ad title of 2007: CCN screen grab showing exploding mobile story with ad for Samsung Blast Good show. Silver medal goes, of course, to the UK's Motorcycle News for this fine effort back in August: Motorcycle News piece on …
So some people *do* look at the adverts!
I don't even notice them any more.
i like the way your screenshot of the cnn page includes the disclaimer text that says "This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed"
I liked the fact that the "...may not be... ...redistributed." disclaimer is just bellow the button saying: "E-Mail this to a friend."
the body had a ..
presumably 'burn' but the text is a bit grainy..
Says it all, really. Only way the earlier HD ad could have preemptively beaten this fine example is if the motorcycle advertised was called a Harley Davidson "Bullet"...
I think the motorcycle news one still wins gold.
@ "some people *do* look at the adverts"
Hell, it even took me a minute to figure out that I was supposed to read the ad next to the story for it to make any sense. :S
Makes you wonder doesn't it?
The incident took place in South Korea, which is the home of Samsung.
And then the Samsung Blast! Ad.
Makes you wonder if the Samsung Blast really does what it's namesake suggests.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you