LG has stayed true to its word and launched the first monitor from its 5000:1 contrast ratio range in the UK. LG_L227WT LG's L227WT: has 5000:1 contrast ratio When LG first told Register Hardware of its plans for a 5000:1 ratio monitor earlier this month, it claimed it would unveil one before the year’s out. It also said the …
I think they got their numbers wrong. From 3000:1 to 5000:1 is a change of 1.6:1 not 3000:1 which would be a bit extreme. Maby it would be clearer if they simply used normal photographic jargon, ie f-stops, instead of trying to develop new math. That would make it an increase of two thirds of a stop. Still a total of over 12 stops is impressive.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked