LG has stayed true to its word and launched the first monitor from its 5000:1 contrast ratio range in the UK. LG_L227WT LG's L227WT: has 5000:1 contrast ratio When LG first told Register Hardware of its plans for a 5000:1 ratio monitor earlier this month, it claimed it would unveil one before the year’s out. It also said the …
I think they got their numbers wrong. From 3000:1 to 5000:1 is a change of 1.6:1 not 3000:1 which would be a bit extreme. Maby it would be clearer if they simply used normal photographic jargon, ie f-stops, instead of trying to develop new math. That would make it an increase of two thirds of a stop. Still a total of over 12 stops is impressive.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize