LG has stayed true to its word and launched the first monitor from its 5000:1 contrast ratio range in the UK. LG_L227WT LG's L227WT: has 5000:1 contrast ratio When LG first told Register Hardware of its plans for a 5000:1 ratio monitor earlier this month, it claimed it would unveil one before the year’s out. It also said the …
I think they got their numbers wrong. From 3000:1 to 5000:1 is a change of 1.6:1 not 3000:1 which would be a bit extreme. Maby it would be clearer if they simply used normal photographic jargon, ie f-stops, instead of trying to develop new math. That would make it an increase of two thirds of a stop. Still a total of over 12 stops is impressive.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes