US network operator Verizon has announced they are to open up their network next year, allowing devices to be attached to their network and applications to be run on it with only the most basic approval process. Anyone using GSM networks will already be familiar with their ability to slip their operator-provided SIM into any GSM …
Big deal - receiver still pays, still cruddy model
Big Hairy Deal. Verizon is still running a thief-designed model. Until Verizon eliminates charges for every call the cell phone RECEIVES, the business model is still crud.
For years I've been telling every cell phone store rep I talk to that if they just used the classic land-line model of only the caller pays, they'd clean up in cell phones. Of course, that obvious idea has been busily ignored. Makes one wonder -- are all American cell phone company executives just thieves who haven't been caught yet? (After Enron, it's pretty obvious the answer is, Yes.)
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS