US network operator Verizon has announced they are to open up their network next year, allowing devices to be attached to their network and applications to be run on it with only the most basic approval process. Anyone using GSM networks will already be familiar with their ability to slip their operator-provided SIM into any GSM …
Big deal - receiver still pays, still cruddy model
Big Hairy Deal. Verizon is still running a thief-designed model. Until Verizon eliminates charges for every call the cell phone RECEIVES, the business model is still crud.
For years I've been telling every cell phone store rep I talk to that if they just used the classic land-line model of only the caller pays, they'd clean up in cell phones. Of course, that obvious idea has been busily ignored. Makes one wonder -- are all American cell phone company executives just thieves who haven't been caught yet? (After Enron, it's pretty obvious the answer is, Yes.)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?