US network operator Verizon has announced they are to open up their network next year, allowing devices to be attached to their network and applications to be run on it with only the most basic approval process. Anyone using GSM networks will already be familiar with their ability to slip their operator-provided SIM into any GSM …
Big deal - receiver still pays, still cruddy model
Big Hairy Deal. Verizon is still running a thief-designed model. Until Verizon eliminates charges for every call the cell phone RECEIVES, the business model is still crud.
For years I've been telling every cell phone store rep I talk to that if they just used the classic land-line model of only the caller pays, they'd clean up in cell phones. Of course, that obvious idea has been busily ignored. Makes one wonder -- are all American cell phone company executives just thieves who haven't been caught yet? (After Enron, it's pretty obvious the answer is, Yes.)
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know