back to article Click here for the UK's worst-paid IT job

Any support engineer out there who has fallen on seriously hard times and is right now subsisting on boiled cardboard while scouring the jobs ads in the hope that he or she can find some way of paying off the credit card bills before the bailiffs turn up and repossess the Wii is directed to this tempting offer up there in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Shome Mishtake Shurely?

The minimum wage is £5.60 per hour.

Thumb Up

@Anonymous Coward

Only a mistake if you expect them to work more than 10minutes 42sec (approx) per day.... (for 1uk/day... scale as appropriate).

Sounds like a cushy number, though life on the dole might be more lucrative (though this job may come with free internet, etc).

Stop

Aren't we forgetting Mr Darling?

By the time the Chancellor goes through this, there won't be much left even for rice!

Yes, but what -

are the dividend payouts?

Don't forget the perks

Being able to copy all the data to CDs, and sell it to fraudsters.

IT Angle

So RIM opening a new support centre!

That said, its not for a support engineer at that price; Thats up into the managers pay scale.

Alert

See..

This is why I left Leicester 10 years ago. You think it's bad now, imagine what it was like then...

Joke

Title

I had no idea EDS were recruiting!

This post has been deleted by a moderator

Unhappy

Err....

I hope Mr Majid's employers don't read The Reg, or he's just blown the fact he's looking for a new job!

Anonymous Coward

Whew!

What a relief! Thought my job was being advertised there for a minute...

Pirate

Freedom!

So, Computacenter have finally set someone free? The last I heard the minimum sentence was 50 years.

Joke

Where in the world...

....it's about all the staff are worth in there

Joke

Looking for a special kind of person

.. preferably not with English as a first language, and preferably not with much experience of working in the UK.

(joking, but there is a point there too).

Jobs Horns

jobs

doesn't lord steve jobs make only $1 a year? so you would be twice as rich as him!

Jobs Horns

One way to get the foot in the door...

Of somewhere you DON'T want to be!!!

http://www.allaboutthedragon.com

Boiled cardboard?

Surely you can't afford to boil the cardboard at that rate. Plain cold cardboard for you!

Joke

@Grant Mitchell

"for 1uk/day" I wouldn't mind being paid by the UK. A few hours work and I'm worth a fair bit of the global economy :oD

Although the attendant problems with the collateral might make it unviable.

Thumb Up

Well I guess...

...South West wages aren't so bad after all!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums