Network kit maker Cisco Systems Inc has suspended a director of the Brazilian arm of its business following formal tax fraud charges involving the alleged evasion of up to R$1.5bn ($845m) in import duties and other taxes. Carlos Roberto Carnevali, who headed up operations at Cisco's Latin American unit, was charged along with 15 …
Ah, so Cisco adheres to the "guilty until proven guilty" legal theory.
Suspend without pay until the investigation / trial is concluded, I can see that.
Fired just because the guy was charged, before any sort of trial is held? Hmmm. If the guy is found innocent, does he then get to sue Cisco for being idiots?
- JLaw, Kate Upton EXPOSED in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NUDE PHOTOS hack