Network kit maker Cisco Systems Inc has suspended a director of the Brazilian arm of its business following formal tax fraud charges involving the alleged evasion of up to R$1.5bn ($845m) in import duties and other taxes. Carlos Roberto Carnevali, who headed up operations at Cisco's Latin American unit, was charged along with 15 …
Ah, so Cisco adheres to the "guilty until proven guilty" legal theory.
Suspend without pay until the investigation / trial is concluded, I can see that.
Fired just because the guy was charged, before any sort of trial is held? Hmmm. If the guy is found innocent, does he then get to sue Cisco for being idiots?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS