Network kit maker Cisco Systems Inc has suspended a director of the Brazilian arm of its business following formal tax fraud charges involving the alleged evasion of up to R$1.5bn ($845m) in import duties and other taxes. Carlos Roberto Carnevali, who headed up operations at Cisco's Latin American unit, was charged along with 15 …
Ah, so Cisco adheres to the "guilty until proven guilty" legal theory.
Suspend without pay until the investigation / trial is concluded, I can see that.
Fired just because the guy was charged, before any sort of trial is held? Hmmm. If the guy is found innocent, does he then get to sue Cisco for being idiots?
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp