Network kit maker Cisco Systems Inc has suspended a director of the Brazilian arm of its business following formal tax fraud charges involving the alleged evasion of up to R$1.5bn ($845m) in import duties and other taxes. Carlos Roberto Carnevali, who headed up operations at Cisco's Latin American unit, was charged along with 15 …
Ah, so Cisco adheres to the "guilty until proven guilty" legal theory.
Suspend without pay until the investigation / trial is concluded, I can see that.
Fired just because the guy was charged, before any sort of trial is held? Hmmm. If the guy is found innocent, does he then get to sue Cisco for being idiots?
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA