Virtualization software firm Virtual Iron has found another top OEM to vend its wares. The company today announced an agreement with Dell, which will resell Virtual Iron's server and storage software alongside the OEM's virtualization-friendly hardware. Virtual Iron inked similar pacts with IBM and Hewlett-Packard last month. …
It seems a pretty good match for companies that care only about price. I suspect the IBM and HP customers will stick with VMware. If they go for a Xen-based approach, it's more likely they would mitigate risk and look to a Citrix who have a little track record and employees beyond a dozen or so VC-funded Vice Presidents.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers