Virtualization software firm Virtual Iron has found another top OEM to vend its wares. The company today announced an agreement with Dell, which will resell Virtual Iron's server and storage software alongside the OEM's virtualization-friendly hardware. Virtual Iron inked similar pacts with IBM and Hewlett-Packard last month. …
It seems a pretty good match for companies that care only about price. I suspect the IBM and HP customers will stick with VMware. If they go for a Xen-based approach, it's more likely they would mitigate risk and look to a Citrix who have a little track record and employees beyond a dozen or so VC-funded Vice Presidents.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Oz bank in comedy Heartbleed blog FAIL