Virtualization software firm Virtual Iron has found another top OEM to vend its wares. The company today announced an agreement with Dell, which will resell Virtual Iron's server and storage software alongside the OEM's virtualization-friendly hardware. Virtual Iron inked similar pacts with IBM and Hewlett-Packard last month. …
It seems a pretty good match for companies that care only about price. I suspect the IBM and HP customers will stick with VMware. If they go for a Xen-based approach, it's more likely they would mitigate risk and look to a Citrix who have a little track record and employees beyond a dozen or so VC-funded Vice Presidents.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR