Researchers in Georgia, USA, reckon they can increase the efficiency of web servers by mimicking the methods used by honey bees to collect nectar. It seems that the new hive-mind technology was the brainchild of Professor Craig Tovey of the Georgia Institute of Technology (GIT). “I studied bees for years, waiting for the right …
Surely this should be...
"Tovey's years of apid bee-watching"?
Biomimetics in action
Surely the weasel experts write project management software..?
Re:Biomimetics in action
and the Fruit Bat ones write managment self help guides.
“I studied bees for years, waiting for the right application,” Tovey said
Meanwhile the bees have developed their own "killer app" ( groan ) , its
called honey , very good , on a little bit of toast . Quite a popular distribution
it seems .
Bees do indeed have a quite efficient resource-harvesting method, but Aliens do a better job. Not only do they relentlessly pursue and capture all "resources" in their vicinity, but they go one step further by dragging their captives back to the hive and transforming them into more Aliens !
Not sure what killer app we could devise from that example, but I'm sure we could kill something with it.
I can't Believe.....
I can't believe I clicked on this title.....
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it