Sony has integrated a website filter into its latest PlayStation 3 firmware. But while use of the utility is optional and, for now, free, neither the console giant nor its security partner, Trend Micro, are saying how much they'll demand from user whene the free-use period ends next April. Trend claimed the site blocker, which …
From PC to Console
I cannot think of a better partner for this than Trend Micro. They have regularly been a top three security (antivirus) company and make a great product. It makes sense to consider parental controls and security in a product (PS3) that is so much more than a gaming console. Perhaps they have a ways to go before they compete with digital entertainment centers (http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/dec/dec//4/storefronts/RE501AA%2523ABA) or a fully embraced tuner/DVR replacement (http://www.engadgethd.com/2007/08/01/ps3-to-receive-tuner-dvr-capabilities-before-march-2008/). To speak directly to the new web filter, consumers expect this feature in other products that deliver web content.
that will be .......
Trend "we can crash your server from 20 yds" Micro then....
that's one feature that will remain turned off
Boring. concentrate on releasing some decent Games. It's primary function is meant to be a gaming console
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests