Id Software, the company responsible for Quake, Doom and Wolfenstein, has established a mobile division with a view to porting all three games to mobile phones, according to USA Today. Id has done mobile games before: the Doom RPG was (and is) a turn-based version of the original 3-D violence, which sold more than a million …
It's like 2004 all over again!
John Carmack's been talking up the mobile games for years - anyone else remember Monkeystone's Hyperspace Delivery Boy? No? :)
Got them all already
Do keep up guys, there's ports of all three for pretty much every smartphone platform.
What they could do however is sort out the control mechanism. A nice bluetooth controller would be good. Maybe use the Wiimote as others have done.
It sure would be, but it was John Romero who headed up Monkeystone Games. Romero left id around the Quake II era.
Hold on, I had Doom years ago!
I did. About four or five years ago on a Nokia. It was ace!
Monsters from the ID
Nice play on the line from "Forbidden Planet" -- a classic film.
Doom. It's so engrained on a generation that every windows OS upto XP. Port 666 reserved for Doom.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)