Id Software, the company responsible for Quake, Doom and Wolfenstein, has established a mobile division with a view to porting all three games to mobile phones, according to USA Today. Id has done mobile games before: the Doom RPG was (and is) a turn-based version of the original 3-D violence, which sold more than a million …
It's like 2004 all over again!
John Carmack's been talking up the mobile games for years - anyone else remember Monkeystone's Hyperspace Delivery Boy? No? :)
Got them all already
Do keep up guys, there's ports of all three for pretty much every smartphone platform.
What they could do however is sort out the control mechanism. A nice bluetooth controller would be good. Maybe use the Wiimote as others have done.
It sure would be, but it was John Romero who headed up Monkeystone Games. Romero left id around the Quake II era.
Hold on, I had Doom years ago!
I did. About four or five years ago on a Nokia. It was ace!
Monsters from the ID
Nice play on the line from "Forbidden Planet" -- a classic film.
Doom. It's so engrained on a generation that every windows OS upto XP. Port 666 reserved for Doom.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account