A year ago this week Sun finally bowed to pressure and agreed to make Java a free, open source project. It was an odd move given Sun's strong resistance to making Java open source for a more than a decade. Twelve months on, open source Java has made things a little easier for developers and attracted some expressions of support …
Shameless plug for the ultimate Java applet
I love Java. It has allowed me to create the ultimate internet video platform. Frame accurate, full frame rate video editing with publishing in multiple formats - all running cross platform in a browser without installation or configuration.
Edit away (for free) at http://pro.forscene.net/trial/
You can also watch some published videos at http://clesh.com/
What does the ORCL say?
"Because he open sourced everything, and I had talked to some people at Oracle who were looking at trying to buy us, and they decided that our software was worth nothing anymore, so what the hell do you value the company at?"
That's funny, why was Oracle so interested in buying companies like Sleepycat, JBoss, and Red Hat?
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM