LG has developed a range of high contrast LCD monitors, which it claims boosts the highest contrast screen currently available from 3000:1 to 5000:1. LG_5000to1_monitors Some of the monitors included in the range The company isn’t giving much away about the monitors just yet, but a spokesman for LG told Register Hardware that …
Your conversion from pounds to dollars is wrong. No monitor would be sold for $85 if it had a 5000:1 CR.
I don't know about the Euro conversion though.
Your Mistake, not theirs.
$85 if for the 3000:1 contrast ratio. It's well into the $300+ range for the 5000:1.
No, still wrong.
"By comparison, Samsung's SM226CW 22in LCD monitor, which uses DCR, but has a 3000:1 contrast ratio, retails for around £170 (€193/$315)"
£170 converts to €239/$350.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court