Hackers have worked out how to unlock the latest iPhone firmware, 1.1.2, to allow handsets running it to operate on any GSM network. Yet confusion reigns - one popular unlocking app may have been updated 'unofficially'. Firmware 1.1.2 was released this past Friday, just ahead of the UK and German iPhone launches. New European …
Can it be turned into a light sabre?
Can upcoming French version be cloned? If so, no need to worry about re-lock by almighty Apple.
anySim1.2u - bricked my iPhone
I followed the Conceited Software Tutorial to upgrade my jailbroken/unlocked iphone to 1.1.2, and used their kit to jailbreak the updated unit. I then down loaded anySim1.2, and installed it via SSH (with permissions set at (755)). after a quarter progress bar the app hung, and the iPhone had to be restored to 1.1.1 (1.1.2 restore was not possible)
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL