IBM has denied it's a copycat after it joined Oracle and SAP with its own business intelligence software buy. Today it announced plans to buy Canadian outfit Cognos for $5bn cash. IBM's move comes as little surprise, however, after SAP bought Business Objects and Oracle snaffled Hyperion earlier this year. Cognos was already a …
I misread the headline as "IBM buys Congress for $5bn" and wondered when they sold it such that they need to buy it back.
So, IBM aren't buying SAP then ?
There has been a fair amount of speculation recently that IBM might buy SAP, if there were going to do this then they would be inheriting BO so they wouldn't need to be spending money on Cognos......
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion