IBM has denied it's a copycat after it joined Oracle and SAP with its own business intelligence software buy. Today it announced plans to buy Canadian outfit Cognos for $5bn cash. IBM's move comes as little surprise, however, after SAP bought Business Objects and Oracle snaffled Hyperion earlier this year. Cognos was already a …
I misread the headline as "IBM buys Congress for $5bn" and wondered when they sold it such that they need to buy it back.
So, IBM aren't buying SAP then ?
There has been a fair amount of speculation recently that IBM might buy SAP, if there were going to do this then they would be inheriting BO so they wouldn't need to be spending money on Cognos......
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs