IBM has denied it's a copycat after it joined Oracle and SAP with its own business intelligence software buy. Today it announced plans to buy Canadian outfit Cognos for $5bn cash. IBM's move comes as little surprise, however, after SAP bought Business Objects and Oracle snaffled Hyperion earlier this year. Cognos was already a …
I misread the headline as "IBM buys Congress for $5bn" and wondered when they sold it such that they need to buy it back.
So, IBM aren't buying SAP then ?
There has been a fair amount of speculation recently that IBM might buy SAP, if there were going to do this then they would be inheriting BO so they wouldn't need to be spending money on Cognos......
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market