IBM has denied it's a copycat after it joined Oracle and SAP with its own business intelligence software buy. Today it announced plans to buy Canadian outfit Cognos for $5bn cash. IBM's move comes as little surprise, however, after SAP bought Business Objects and Oracle snaffled Hyperion earlier this year. Cognos was already a …
I misread the headline as "IBM buys Congress for $5bn" and wondered when they sold it such that they need to buy it back.
So, IBM aren't buying SAP then ?
There has been a fair amount of speculation recently that IBM might buy SAP, if there were going to do this then they would be inheriting BO so they wouldn't need to be spending money on Cognos......
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS