Understanding that developers need to be bribed to create applications for a new mobile platform, Google has put up $10m in prizes for the best Android apps. The Android Developer Challenge comes in two parts: the first runs until March 2008 and awards $25K apiece to the best 50 applications. The second leg kicks off only when …
Who wants dollars these days? Pay me in sterling and I'll develop for your fantasy phone.
Limited development platforms
Where are the Solaris SDKs?
Admittedly, it's not fanboi compliant, but at least I don't get unexplained lockups like on my other "unix-like" system.
Considering that Google has yet to cough up any dosh for their much-hyped Gadget Ventures, last summer's promotional scheme for their platform-of-the-moment, I personally wouldn't base anything on this latest unsubstantiated promise.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots