The clouds continue to gather over Sprint's WiMAX network. In July, the American cellco agreed to combine its new-fangled wireless broadband play with a similar network from Clearwire Corp., but today, the two companies announced that the agreement has been ripped to shreds. If Sprint wants its network to reach a nationwide …
Dumping Clearwire is a plus
I dumped Clearwire because in my neighborhood their product seldom hit even 30% of their download speed claims. Numerous calls to service, one visit to house. Tech support confirmed reception was lousy—no solution. They never came back. I cancelled. They assessed a $180 "early cancellation penalty." Feds need to nab them on their false claims.
I cancelled my Nextel (now Sprint) when iPhone came out.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards