The clouds continue to gather over Sprint's WiMAX network. In July, the American cellco agreed to combine its new-fangled wireless broadband play with a similar network from Clearwire Corp., but today, the two companies announced that the agreement has been ripped to shreds. If Sprint wants its network to reach a nationwide …
Dumping Clearwire is a plus
I dumped Clearwire because in my neighborhood their product seldom hit even 30% of their download speed claims. Numerous calls to service, one visit to house. Tech support confirmed reception was lousy—no solution. They never came back. I cancelled. They assessed a $180 "early cancellation penalty." Feds need to nab them on their false claims.
I cancelled my Nextel (now Sprint) when iPhone came out.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?