"They're coming to take me away - ha haa!" - Napoleon XIV The Patient Robert Soave writing in The Michigan, the student paper at the University of Michigan. Clinical Symptoms "The idea that information can be owned is quite terrifying," trembles Soave. Once something is digitally encoded, all rights vanish, according the …
Congratulations on your first article there sweetie.
Ah well, I suppose that's not what I come to the Register for... :)
Personally I think the guy's got a point about ownership of information. In my opinion, a band or musician can sell you something nobody else can - a live performance - but a record company only makes a product that can easily be made at home. The only reason they can still make money out of doing that is mercantilist protectionism.
Having said that it has been alleged that I am also a nut, and I have seen no compelling evidence to the contrary.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor