"They're coming to take me away - ha haa!" - Napoleon XIV The Patient Robert Soave writing in The Michigan, the student paper at the University of Michigan. Clinical Symptoms "The idea that information can be owned is quite terrifying," trembles Soave. Once something is digitally encoded, all rights vanish, according the …
Congratulations on your first article there sweetie.
Ah well, I suppose that's not what I come to the Register for... :)
Personally I think the guy's got a point about ownership of information. In my opinion, a band or musician can sell you something nobody else can - a live performance - but a record company only makes a product that can easily be made at home. The only reason they can still make money out of doing that is mercantilist protectionism.
Having said that it has been alleged that I am also a nut, and I have seen no compelling evidence to the contrary.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests