"They're coming to take me away - ha haa!" - Napoleon XIV The Patient Robert Soave writing in The Michigan, the student paper at the University of Michigan. Clinical Symptoms "The idea that information can be owned is quite terrifying," trembles Soave. Once something is digitally encoded, all rights vanish, according the …
Congratulations on your first article there sweetie.
Ah well, I suppose that's not what I come to the Register for... :)
Personally I think the guy's got a point about ownership of information. In my opinion, a band or musician can sell you something nobody else can - a live performance - but a record company only makes a product that can easily be made at home. The only reason they can still make money out of doing that is mercantilist protectionism.
Having said that it has been alleged that I am also a nut, and I have seen no compelling evidence to the contrary.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder