"They're coming to take me away - ha haa!" - Napoleon XIV The Patient Robert Soave writing in The Michigan, the student paper at the University of Michigan. Clinical Symptoms "The idea that information can be owned is quite terrifying," trembles Soave. Once something is digitally encoded, all rights vanish, according the …
Congratulations on your first article there sweetie.
Ah well, I suppose that's not what I come to the Register for... :)
Personally I think the guy's got a point about ownership of information. In my opinion, a band or musician can sell you something nobody else can - a live performance - but a record company only makes a product that can easily be made at home. The only reason they can still make money out of doing that is mercantilist protectionism.
Having said that it has been alleged that I am also a nut, and I have seen no compelling evidence to the contrary.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16