"They're coming to take me away - ha haa!" - Napoleon XIV The Patient Robert Soave writing in The Michigan, the student paper at the University of Michigan. Clinical Symptoms "The idea that information can be owned is quite terrifying," trembles Soave. Once something is digitally encoded, all rights vanish, according the …
Congratulations on your first article there sweetie.
Ah well, I suppose that's not what I come to the Register for... :)
Personally I think the guy's got a point about ownership of information. In my opinion, a band or musician can sell you something nobody else can - a live performance - but a record company only makes a product that can easily be made at home. The only reason they can still make money out of doing that is mercantilist protectionism.
Having said that it has been alleged that I am also a nut, and I have seen no compelling evidence to the contrary.
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- CIA snoops snooped on Senate to spy spy torture report – report