Intel is once again exploring Rambus memory technology, this time the memory developer's XDR offering, currently used in Sony's PlayStation 3 games console. Rambus yesterday announced it had signed a "memo of understanding" with the chip giant to "explore possible uses for... XDR". The company said it will "dedicate certain …
3d GFX is what this is about......
Larabee would be the most likely candidate for XDR memory, I doubt intel would want to get burned again by making XDR into desktop memory.
AMD must be laughing
Last time Intel went Rambus, eveyone moaned about the sky high prices and AMD made a nice little dent into Intels market share...
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching
- Yahoo! blames! MONSTER! email! OUTAGE! on! CUT! CABLE! bungle!
- The next big thing in medical science: POO TRANSPLANTS