Intel is once again exploring Rambus memory technology, this time the memory developer's XDR offering, currently used in Sony's PlayStation 3 games console. Rambus yesterday announced it had signed a "memo of understanding" with the chip giant to "explore possible uses for... XDR". The company said it will "dedicate certain …
3d GFX is what this is about......
Larabee would be the most likely candidate for XDR memory, I doubt intel would want to get burned again by making XDR into desktop memory.
AMD must be laughing
Last time Intel went Rambus, eveyone moaned about the sky high prices and AMD made a nice little dent into Intels market share...
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked