IBM is rolling out a new set of autonomic computing tools for some of its key Tivoli data center products — er, that's adding self-management software if you want to be less grandiose about it. "Autonomic computing" is IBM's preferred term for applications that make data centers more self-managing and self-healing. It's a …
Great new technology
Got to say, who hasn't been doing this for years with a few scripts, cron jobs (scheduled tasks for those in toasterland) etc.? I'm all for IBM but this is just what every good admin should have been doing for decades, shrink wrapped for the kind of monkey that works in IT these days.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?