HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has decided to restructure its IT outsourcing contract. The move comes in response to HMRC's aim to cut its IT running costs by about 10 per cent by 2010-11. The Aspire contract with Capgemini and other IT service suppliers was originally signed in 2003-04 and was due to run for 10 years. It will …
up to 20% redundancies at Aspire
The following is an extract from a letter sent by Aspire CEO to all Aspite employees:
. . . today the business entered a formal period of consultation with Forum on a Compulsory Redundancy programme which could affect up to 20% of the Capgemini Aspire workforce across the whole business.
This is a difficult decision, so as you would expect we have very carefully evaluated all the options. We recognise that this won’t be easy for any of you, both those who stay and those who leave us. Aspire has a heritage, a loyalty and a special family feel, which is core to our success and which we are hopeful we can maintain. . . .
Just for the record.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids