HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has decided to restructure its IT outsourcing contract. The move comes in response to HMRC's aim to cut its IT running costs by about 10 per cent by 2010-11. The Aspire contract with Capgemini and other IT service suppliers was originally signed in 2003-04 and was due to run for 10 years. It will …
up to 20% redundancies at Aspire
The following is an extract from a letter sent by Aspire CEO to all Aspite employees:
. . . today the business entered a formal period of consultation with Forum on a Compulsory Redundancy programme which could affect up to 20% of the Capgemini Aspire workforce across the whole business.
This is a difficult decision, so as you would expect we have very carefully evaluated all the options. We recognise that this won’t be easy for any of you, both those who stay and those who leave us. Aspire has a heritage, a loyalty and a special family feel, which is core to our success and which we are hopeful we can maintain. . . .
Just for the record.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad