back to article BT jobs axe slashes profits

BT's second quarter profits have been spanked 29 per cent by its cull of middle management and accompanying restructure, the firm revealed today. In the three months to 30 September, BT's net income was £435m, down from from £629m a year ago. Pre-tax, and not including the outlay on job cuts and other reorganisation charges, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Hunter
    Unhappy

No wonder

I was wandering why my BT account manager wasn't picking up the phone. Seems she has left and no one bothered to tell me. Would also explain why they can't tell me who my new account manager is. BT get ready to lose more money when we cancel our business contracts with you!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Redundancies

>> About 2,000 white collar workers have voluntarily headed for the door so far, and chief exec Ben Verwaayen wants 3,000 more to go.

That would explain why I can never get hold of them on the phone. I spent about 6 hours on hold (different occasions) trying to get a phone line in my new house.

3. GreyWolf
    Pirate

The first gusts before the storm

Those who have left are described as "managers". However, it's not just PHBs. Many are senior professionals who actually know a thing or two. Expect to see an even higher frequency of Male Bird Rising Events (or cockups to you and I), missed regulatory compliance targets, Ofcom and the industry getting ratty...

4. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Sod em

At a time when the UK is migrating towards insourcing, BT is still under the assumption that if they go to the ends of the world for their staff, they will find them ..cheaper.

This has impacts in terms of cust sat, ok so your phone line is £1 cheaper a month, and HOW much did it cost YOU hanging on the phone in YOUR time?

5. AJ
    Stop

BT Deserve To Go Tits Up...

.. Their customer service s a joke, the companies processes are a joke, practicaly everything being in india and them not even knowing who OFCOM are or how to deal with your inquiry to passing you in another queue for over 1 hr shows what state this shit tip is in!

It goes to show, because they own the network and have monopoly in that sense (even wholesale BT still earn money) they can do what the hell they like and sod the rest of us.

BRITISH TELECOM?

More like INDIAN TELECOM!!!!!!!!

This topic is closed for new posts.