back to article Which fanless graphics card?

At present I have a 256MB Avanhard Radeon 9550, and my system restarts randomly if I use it for more than 6-7 hours, and if I play graphics intensive games like Half-life 2, that drops to 2-3 hours. I'm thinking about buying an Nvidia GeForce 7600-based card, specifically this one. So I'm wondering, do you think the restarts …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Stop

Are you sure its the graphics card?

In answer to your question "Which Fanless graphics card?"

I would go for a Gigabyte 7600GS which is in line with the price of the one you showed. And this one truely is fanless not like the one from Aria.

http://microdirect.co.uk/(13810)Gigabyte-GF-7600GS-Turbo-SLI-256MB-DDR2-PCIE.aspx

However, what have you done to be 100% sure that the cause of your system restarts is your current graphics card? The restarts of your system shouldnt happen at all. I can play games for endless hours or video editing without it crashing/restarting etc...

Have you made sure its not the CPU overheating, bad memory, PSU voltage issue, bad sectors on the hard disk etc... I wouldn't spend any money 'til you know exactly what the cause of the problem is. Your current graphics card could be fine.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums