back to article Hardcore Dalek builders plan galactic domination

The Doctor Who fans among you who fancy a bit of mass extermination and galactic domination are directed forthwith to Project Dalek - a rather splendid website offering everything you need to build your very own trundling pepper pot. A photo of Simon Morrell's Dalek And these "hardcore" Dalek builders don't muck about, either …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arse Face

manual

Will it be a Haynes manual?

2. Chris Simmons
    Happy

I, for one,

...welcome our new tech-geek-basement-dwelling-dalek-building-anti-human overlords.

(I suppose they will be built in basements given the bloody things can now fly).

Chris

3. Les Matthew

'hardcore'

for sure that is some serious geek/nerd pr0n. ;)

4. supermeerkat
    Alien

Daleks have always been able to fly...

...it's just that they've chosen not to for rather a long time. They were first seen flying in "Rememberance of the the Daleks", a Sylvester McCoy story, and notably in all their appearances in the new series.

5. frank denton
    Thumb Up

yep, true hardcore

I've just been reading the site. These people are very serious and it's a well constructed site with lots of well organised information.

How about a 'Reg Challenge' for autonomous Daleks making their way around a shopping centre having to buy a list of items from the shops?

6. Francis Boyle Silver badge

You forgot

When it comes to daleks it's never just a plan - it's always a masterplan.

P.S. still waiting for a Tardis icon for anything who related - though I might just settle for a sonic screwdriver!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Hardcore dalek photos?

You mean as opposed to the softcore dalek photos that made Katy Manning notorious?

8. Neil Croft
    Alien

No Dalek fiction?

"we don't 'do' Dalek fiction"

Erm, unless I've missed something major isn't everything to do with Daleks fictional?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Hardcore dalek photos?

Notorious? Nah -it made her ever more the delectable and eye-pleasing 70's treat; especially for the growing kid that I happened to be in the Troughton/Pertwee (pun maybe intended there) era.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Will I be able to register one as a mini-cab and avoid the congestion charge?

PH angle: trying saying "Paris Hilton" in a Dalek voice. :-)

11. Stuart Halliday
    Thumb Up

dalek photos

Better not show the Dalek guys this photo of a Dalek made by a museum recently.

http://picasaweb.google.com/stuarthalliday/DoctorWho/photo#5105889703246845346

True Dalek builders have a code of honour only to make accurate looking Daleks.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Curse of Gnome

So, are we running a sweepstake on how long this survives until the BBC send in the lawyers?

13. Andy
    Coat

Meanwhile on the planet Maskaro

The Gay Daleks are planning gaylactic hardcore sadism & domination with their nine inch refractors.

What? Right, yes, it's the one with the half empty bottle of cheap sherry in the outer pocket. Ta.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Lady Daleks ??

Would they screech "Ex-foliate!!" ??

15. fwibbler

Actually...

they were first known to fly in Revelation of the Daleks with Colin Baker

16. Alan Potter

Title

@Stuart Halliday - Thank you for your post - I grinned out loud...

I remember the BBC selling a book about how to make your own Dalek - with all the diagrams - in about 1975. I even asked my woodwork teacher (yes, yes, this was long before it got its present poncy name of "Design/Technology")

It would have been bloody expensive to make, even then!

17. Luther Blissett

Daleks would shop

for jelly babies. You would really see some mayhem then.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Okay, quibbling time now

Daleks were referred to as using anti-gravity units in the Tom Baker story Destiny of the Daleks.

These were, admittedly, not built-in to their shells but the utility was there from early on. I think they were actually called anti-gravity discs.

Not to mention that saying when the daleks started to fly implies linear time upon a time-travelling race.

19. BoldMan
    Thumb Up

Daleks

The first published plans for a Dalek were in the 10th anniversary special issue of Radio Times in 1973, which contained an episode guide, Dalek story and interviews as well as aforementioned plans.

Plus, the BBC don't own the rights to Daleks: Terry Nation their creator (or rather his estate now) owns the copyright on Daleks.

Its a rather cool site :D

20. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

@ANDY

WE WILL CON-QUER THE U-NI-VERSE. AND THEN GO SHOP-PING! PA-RIS HIL-TON WILL SHOW US THE WAY!

21. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Dalek Building Isn't new

The original bunch of Dalek building Geeks have been going over 10 years and can be found here:

www.dalekcity.co.uk

Absolom Daak

This topic is closed for new posts.