back to article Hardcore Dalek builders plan galactic domination

The Doctor Who fans among you who fancy a bit of mass extermination and galactic domination are directed forthwith to Project Dalek - a rather splendid website offering everything you need to build your very own trundling pepper pot. A photo of Simon Morrell's Dalek And these "hardcore" Dalek builders don't muck about, either, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

manual

Will it be a Haynes manual?

Happy

I, for one,

...welcome our new tech-geek-basement-dwelling-dalek-building-anti-human overlords.

(I suppose they will be built in basements given the bloody things can now fly).

Chris

'hardcore'

for sure that is some serious geek/nerd pr0n. ;)

Alien

Daleks have always been able to fly...

...it's just that they've chosen not to for rather a long time. They were first seen flying in "Rememberance of the the Daleks", a Sylvester McCoy story, and notably in all their appearances in the new series.

Thumb Up

yep, true hardcore

I've just been reading the site. These people are very serious and it's a well constructed site with lots of well organised information.

How about a 'Reg Challenge' for autonomous Daleks making their way around a shopping centre having to buy a list of items from the shops?

Bronze badge

You forgot

When it comes to daleks it's never just a plan - it's always a masterplan.

P.S. still waiting for a Tardis icon for anything who related - though I might just settle for a sonic screwdriver!

Bronze badge
Alien

Hardcore dalek photos?

You mean as opposed to the softcore dalek photos that made Katy Manning notorious?

Alien

No Dalek fiction?

"we don't 'do' Dalek fiction"

Erm, unless I've missed something major isn't everything to do with Daleks fictional?

Anonymous Coward

@Hardcore dalek photos?

Notorious? Nah -it made her ever more the delectable and eye-pleasing 70's treat; especially for the growing kid that I happened to be in the Troughton/Pertwee (pun maybe intended there) era.

Paris Hilton

Will I be able to register one as a mini-cab and avoid the congestion charge?

PH angle: trying saying "Paris Hilton" in a Dalek voice. :-)

Thumb Up

dalek photos

Better not show the Dalek guys this photo of a Dalek made by a museum recently.

http://picasaweb.google.com/stuarthalliday/DoctorWho/photo#5105889703246845346

True Dalek builders have a code of honour only to make accurate looking Daleks.

Black Helicopters

Curse of Gnome

So, are we running a sweepstake on how long this survives until the BBC send in the lawyers?

Coat

Meanwhile on the planet Maskaro

The Gay Daleks are planning gaylactic hardcore sadism & domination with their nine inch refractors.

What? Right, yes, it's the one with the half empty bottle of cheap sherry in the outer pocket. Ta.

Bronze badge
Joke

Lady Daleks ??

Would they screech "Ex-foliate!!" ??

Actually...

they were first known to fly in Revelation of the Daleks with Colin Baker

Title

@Stuart Halliday - Thank you for your post - I grinned out loud...

I remember the BBC selling a book about how to make your own Dalek - with all the diagrams - in about 1975. I even asked my woodwork teacher (yes, yes, this was long before it got its present poncy name of "Design/Technology")

It would have been bloody expensive to make, even then!

Daleks would shop

for jelly babies. You would really see some mayhem then.

Bronze badge
Alien

Okay, quibbling time now

Daleks were referred to as using anti-gravity units in the Tom Baker story Destiny of the Daleks.

These were, admittedly, not built-in to their shells but the utility was there from early on. I think they were actually called anti-gravity discs.

Not to mention that saying when the daleks started to fly implies linear time upon a time-travelling race.

Thumb Up

Daleks

The first published plans for a Dalek were in the 10th anniversary special issue of Radio Times in 1973, which contained an episode guide, Dalek story and interviews as well as aforementioned plans.

Plus, the BBC don't own the rights to Daleks: Terry Nation their creator (or rather his estate now) owns the copyright on Daleks.

Its a rather cool site :D

IT Angle

@ANDY

WE WILL CON-QUER THE U-NI-VERSE. AND THEN GO SHOP-PING! PA-RIS HIL-TON WILL SHOW US THE WAY!

Go

Dalek Building Isn't new

The original bunch of Dalek building Geeks have been going over 10 years and can be found here:

www.dalekcity.co.uk

Absolom Daak

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums