Macrovision has published a patch defending against a security vulnerability in its SafeDisc copy protection software that has become the target of a hacker attack. The Macrovision update comes 20 days after the security vulnerability was discussed in non-specific terms on Symantec's Security Response Weblog. The flaw, though …
Sod the DRM Angle...
More Hitchhiker analogies in stories, please.
Priv Elevation "Relatively Mild?!" Compared to what?
I suppose since everyone runs their machines with full Administrator access anyways, that a privilege elevation bug is much lower on the priority list than a bug in some user-level app that the ignorant user's running under said-full-Admin access.
By comparison, I treat privilege elevation bugs as VERY high priority. Well, because no one I consult for runs with full admin BECAUSE of all of the so-called "high priority" bugs out there... and yes, that includes myself.
And Vista isn't vulnerable... guess that's as good a reason as any to upgrade!
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene