Cray has taken a supercomputer-sized step toward its goal of providing multiple processor types in a single system with the introduction of its new XT5 line. Customers will soon find Cray selling the XT5 MPP (massively parallel processor) system and the XT5h or hybrid system. The standard XT5 systems are built around 8-socket …
"In 2009, Cray plans another major upgrade with its "Baker" systems that will ship with a revamped, much higher performing interconnect."
Are we to assume/presume/look forward to it being upgraded to include higher performing, escape system technology ..... Assets Care and Disaster Retrieval ...Evacuation?
That would be Worth a bloody Fortune.
You got it all wrong...
This high performance interconnect is an upgrade to the toster function, and it will do your tost before you even relised you wanted tost - that is the future!
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE