Cray has taken a supercomputer-sized step toward its goal of providing multiple processor types in a single system with the introduction of its new XT5 line. Customers will soon find Cray selling the XT5 MPP (massively parallel processor) system and the XT5h or hybrid system. The standard XT5 systems are built around 8-socket …
"In 2009, Cray plans another major upgrade with its "Baker" systems that will ship with a revamped, much higher performing interconnect."
Are we to assume/presume/look forward to it being upgraded to include higher performing, escape system technology ..... Assets Care and Disaster Retrieval ...Evacuation?
That would be Worth a bloody Fortune.
You got it all wrong...
This high performance interconnect is an upgrade to the toster function, and it will do your tost before you even relised you wanted tost - that is the future!
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat