Another hungry California-based switch start-up is setting a place at the 10-Gbit/s Ethernet table. Up the road a few miles from fellow 10Gbit E start-up Santa Clara-based Woven Systems is a new contender in the networking market, Arastra based in Palo Alto. Woven uses some impressive homegrown packet processing silicon to …
More fodder for Cisco to buyout
The price per port for 10 gig seems to have settled on $400 per port for non-Cisco and $4000 per port for Cisco. I really think it's about time Cisco purchased some of these impudent start ups before 10 gig filters down to the enterprise and they start losing customers in a big way. At least the competition has none of the performance limitations of Cisco's switches to cost justify.
Well you never get fired for buying Cisco...
...however at these prices its tempting to defect!
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO