The new Toshiba 2.5in hard drives - eg. the MK2049GSY - coming out shortly will have an ATA 8 interface. Can I fit this into my Toshiba Satellite P200-144, which has an ATA 7 interface?
Are you sure ?
I wonder what made you decide it is parallel ATA? It shows nowhere in the articlde, on the contrary, on the next line in the table it says the transfer speed for the drive is a (theoretical?) 3Gbps for SERIAL ATA 2.6
I can also have things mixed up, but maybe Toshiba is using ATA8 as a designator for serial ATA 2.6?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked