The new Toshiba 2.5in hard drives - eg. the MK2049GSY - coming out shortly will have an ATA 8 interface. Can I fit this into my Toshiba Satellite P200-144, which has an ATA 7 interface?
Are you sure ?
I wonder what made you decide it is parallel ATA? It shows nowhere in the articlde, on the contrary, on the next line in the table it says the transfer speed for the drive is a (theoretical?) 3Gbps for SERIAL ATA 2.6
I can also have things mixed up, but maybe Toshiba is using ATA8 as a designator for serial ATA 2.6?
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED