Hackers have taken advantage of mounting interest in next year's US presidential elections to create fake websites that serve up exploits. Anti-spyware firm Webroot said that it has tracked hundreds of fake sites that lure visitors into downloading malicious files. Surfers may encounter these fraudulent websites after …
Screwed either way
If you go to one of the dodgy sites, there will be an attempt to infect your system with malware.
If you go to one of the legit sites, there will be an attempt to infect your brain with malware.
So best stay away from them. One will be filled with all sorts of nasties you don't want anywhere near your computer, the other will be filled with malware.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer