Hodge-podge management software omnicorp CA is making hay after its massive restructure last year. It has reported Q2 profits three times higher than a year ago when it had just started firing 1,700 staff. Revenues for the three months to 30 September were up a relatively meagre eight per cent to $1.06bn. The cost-cutting regime …
But what about the software?
does this mean they'll stop selling the utter crap that made "CA" a four-letter word? their stuff made Microsoft release versions look good.
it would be nice if CA could put some of those savings to use creating software worth the name.
not on your nellie; if it's easier to boost short-term profits by laying off your staff, well just keep doing it until you have no staff left (excluding senior management, of course!) and when you run out of staff, hire some Indian contract workers to "service" your customers, and then everything's peachy for the next couple of years while you sell your shares before they crash, then you b*gger off to another top job and ruin another company and call it "success."
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Analysis iPhone 6: The last straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM