Whenever the Sidekick is mentioned, the phrases “big in the States” and “Paris Hilton” inevitably follow. But, despite several attempts by T-Mobile to propel the Danger-designed device into the mainstream, it has so far failed to get Britain's youth ditching their Nokias and Walkman phones en masse. The Slide is the first of the …
Review is wrong: great for some business users
Every BOFH I know in the San Francisco bay area now carries a sidekick. After you've downloaded the SSH client, having a sidekick frees you from being tied to your desk when you're on-call. Go out to dinner, get paged about an emergency, whip out the side kick, SSH into work, examine a few logs, restart your mysql server, and viola, back to the party.
"....restart your mysql server, and viola, back to the party....."
Impressive - the Sidekick restarts a stringed musical instrument? Just how does that work then?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...