back to article Leap Wireless gives MetroPCS the cold shoulder

MetroPCS, the cheapo US cell phone operator, doesn't want to buy Leap Wireless anymore - because it can't get its takeover target to talk turkey. In September, MetroPCS made an unsolicited bid for its smaller rival, saying the combo would become a new national wireless carrier, covering 200 local US markets. Backtracking today, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shadow Systems
    Thumb Down

That's because Leap knows MetroPCS is absolute crap.

After having MetroPCS (Sacramento, California, USA) for over a year, I finally gave up on them as absolute crap.

Despite being in the center of their coverage area, despite their coverage maps showing I had 100% coverage for the entire *county*, I could be standing in the middle of down-town Sacramento & have my phone switch to "Roaming" claiming it couldn't find the MetroPCS signal.

Calls would disconnect, the screen claiming "No Signal", yet the signal strength would show as full.

Text messages would arrive hours (in a few cases *days*) later, out of order, or mangled.

I always made sure to pay my bill at least a week before it was due, & always inside their stores (it was on the way home from work, so why waste a stamp to mail something I can do in person?), only to get a text message a day or two later notifying me that my service was in danger of being disconnected for non-payment.

(I finally showed them the message, the receipt, & demanded that they fix their internal billing system lest I press RICO charges.)

And this wasn't on a single phone.

The first time the dropped call / delayed text issue hit, they claimed it was my phone.

Granted, it was an older model, but it was less than a year old & had been purchased from THAT store.

I upgraded (paying full price for the new phone because they didn't allow trading up), only to have the issues resurface the very next day.

The second time, they claimed there was a firmware issue with THAT model phone, and if I agreed to upgrade, they'd make sure to credit my next bill for the cost of the upgrade.

So I bought the new phone, but guess what never appeared on my next bill?

The third time I was in (for the same issues), they claimed it was the phone.

I held up my hand & said "You've used that excuse already the LAST two times you've had me upgrade. YOU are paying for the third phone or I'll go straight to the Attorney General's Office & file RICO charges for fraud, bait-&-switch, extortion, & harassment. I am SICK of this BS."

They replaced the phone at THEIR cost, and switched up to (what was at the time) their top-of-the-line phone.

Three days later & I'm BACK in the store with the same issues!

I finally canceled my MetroPCS service & switched TO AT&T.

(And we all know how craptastic AT&T's customer service can be.

At least their network WORKS!)

I made good on my threat & filed a formal complaint against MetroPCS with my A.G.'s office.

It took nearly a year for my to get an apology from MetroPCS, and they *refused* to refund me the cost of the two upgrades I was forced to make due to their network being absolute crap.

Their "solution" was to offer me a free month's service if I decided to come back to them!?

(What good is a free month of service if I can't GET service?!)

I will NEVER use MetroPCS again.

I will never recommend them to my friends, family, co-workers, or worst enemy.

So maybe Leap kept their ears open, listened to the grumblings of the people MetroPCS has treated like shit, & decided (correctly) that it was better-off not being tarnished with their particular version of "service".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like