Feeds

back to article Tycoon to offer $760m for affordable orbital launch

Vegas property tycoon Robert Bigelow has always been aware of the main problem besetting his plan to sell cheap inflatable space habitats in orbit - he can build them, but no one can afford to come. The problem isn't so much with the blow-up space stations. Compared to massive rigid jobs like the International Space Station, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

The mind boggles

There's a market for selling a week's accomodation in a floating sickbag sampling the full variety of cosmic radiation and playing Russian Roulette with micrometeorites ?

Who knew ?

Wonder if it has cable and a decent minibar...

Happy

@Mark_T - I have no need for further production of offspring

So I have no problems with a modicum of cosmic rays. And I was a boy scout so I know how to patch a leak. Now all I need is shed loads of money and I too can float round the world like Laika!

Alien

mind you ...

... wouldnt the zero gravity effect somewhat take the fun out of an adult sized bouncy castle floating around in space?

I can see the extra terrestrials choking on their nutrient fluids and wetting themselves laughing at this one. Just erect an interstellar funfair sign and watch the martians come for a good time ! Never mind SETI, THIS is the way to go for first contact lol

/flying saucer anyone . .

Anonymous Coward

@Anonymous Coward

Laika ?

Cue deep American voice-over......

"IN SPACE, NO-ONE CAN HERE YOU . . BARK, WIMPER..."

"...AND THEN DECOMPOSE."

Coat

@Andy G

<< "... wouldnt the zero gravity effect somewhat take the fun out of an adult sized bouncy castle floating around in space?" >>

Not so long as it wasn't run by Singapore Airlines, it wouldn't. Never mind the Mile High Club... We're talking the 125-Mile High Club, complete with bouncy-padded playrooms!

Never mind the coat, just show me the way to the launching pad!

Anonymous Coward

$760M for 8 launches???

Is this guy some kind of joker, or does he think launch vehicles grow on trees?

Silver badge
Thumb Up

If it stimulates more research...

Then i'm all for it!!!

I think he's dreaming a little bit at his pricing though.

Oh and i would happily pay to spend a week's accomodation in a floating sickbag sampling the full variety of cosmic radiation and playing Russian Roulette with micrometeorites... I just cant afford it... yet... :(

This topic is closed for new posts.