Despite investing many millions of dollars into the PS3, Sony thinks the best way of boosting its consoles sales is recolouring the new model's seven-year-old predecessor. So, enter a "limited edition" ceramic white PS2. PS2_ceramic_white Sony's white PS2 pack: a game and two microphones included The colour – which is already …
Surely it'd be more apt if they painted the PS3 white. And then stuck a trunk on it.
Already been done
Over in Japan they used to have the entire spectrum of colors to choose from for the PS2. There's been a gold one to commemorate a new Gundam game, a white one that came with Gran Turismo 4: Prologue (I have that one myself), a sakura (pinkish) colored one, blue, etc., and controllers to match.
Sony uses new tactic in video games industry race
Is this a sad tactic to try and trick old grannies buying consoles into mistaking the PS2 for a Wii?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update