Samsung's plan to roll out 14in OLED screens by 2010 - revealed last week - turns out to be merely the first step toward the release of 40in and 42in panels a year later. Samsung's display operation, Samsung SDI, has a roadmap that calls for 14-15.4in, 1280 x 800 (WXGA) OLEDs for laptops and TVs in the 2009 timeframe, along with …
Well, after seeing 14in panels, I thought (and wrote) that it was a massive anticlimax. At least full HD 42in screens are on the board. Then maybe OLED will come into its own. Maybe.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots