Samsung's plan to roll out 14in OLED screens by 2010 - revealed last week - turns out to be merely the first step toward the release of 40in and 42in panels a year later. Samsung's display operation, Samsung SDI, has a roadmap that calls for 14-15.4in, 1280 x 800 (WXGA) OLEDs for laptops and TVs in the 2009 timeframe, along with …
Well, after seeing 14in panels, I thought (and wrote) that it was a massive anticlimax. At least full HD 42in screens are on the board. Then maybe OLED will come into its own. Maybe.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market