US consumer watchdog the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is calling for a bigger stick with which to punish spyware purveyors. As things stand the FTC is only able to collect profits illegally gained by infecting victims' PCs with malware along with obtaining financial redress for consumers. A brace of bills that would give the …
Why has this taken so long?
Marketing & Malicious practices have been let run loose for years now. We may be seeing the US getting a little worried about China adopting their own methods so now they've decided to clamp down on their own guys doing this.
I use Linux no spyware for me, I think games programmers write spyware in between jobs. Until there is spyware for us we haven't made it.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market