US consumer watchdog the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is calling for a bigger stick with which to punish spyware purveyors. As things stand the FTC is only able to collect profits illegally gained by infecting victims' PCs with malware along with obtaining financial redress for consumers. A brace of bills that would give the …
Why has this taken so long?
Marketing & Malicious practices have been let run loose for years now. We may be seeing the US getting a little worried about China adopting their own methods so now they've decided to clamp down on their own guys doing this.
I use Linux no spyware for me, I think games programmers write spyware in between jobs. Until there is spyware for us we haven't made it.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes