With Nigerian 419 scams, phishing attempts and other dubious spam flooding your inbox, you may be tempted to think the net is the epicenter for today's shysters. But it turns out print advertising beat out the internet as the most common means for spreading fraudulent pitches, according to a US consumer survey released Monday by …
Bann the evil technology....
....that is destroying our lifestyle!!!
that technology be PRINT MEDIA.
DESTROY THE PRESSES!!! (Been there, done that?)
KILL GUTENBERG!!! (What? He is?)
But it is in print - right there in B&W!! - it MUST be true!
Next they will be telling us those commercial 'news and current affairs' shows are sensationalist ratings-driven hokum!
And TV adverts are one-sided!!
TV phone in scams
I look forward to a similar survey in the UK, the TV phone in scams will have tricked far more of our home grown idiots than even the internet.
should identify the banks as the biggest scammers - PPI anyone?
of course the evil interweb is to blame for everything where records are kept other than on paper and sums are done on anything more advanced than an abacus
This scam happened because some people got fooled by a con-man
- bet it gets written up as cyber-crime because it was one of those newfangled online accounts
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR