back to article Carphone seeks monthly punters

Carphone Warehouse (CPW) has started offering monthly contracts on Talkmobile, a new branded virtual operator. CPW already has a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), called Fresh, but Talkmobile will be carried on the Vodafone network rather than T-Mobile's. Carphone has been offering pre-paid connections on its Fresh brand …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Someone
    Coat

A legacy from when CPW bought Onetel?

CPW have been reselling Vodafone minutes to subscribers with monthly contracts ever since they bought Onetel in 2005. CPW stopped Onetel taking on new customers, and quickly subsumed Onetel’s landline customers into their TalkTalk product. They were then stuck with a couple of hundred thousand mobile customers, with no easy way to merge them into their own product line-up.

I’ve remained a happy Onetel mobile customer. I felt this was mostly because CPW hadn’t gone in and started changing things. I’d always feared that, when the arrangement between Onetel and Vodafone reached the end of its current term, I’d receive a letter giving me 30 days’ notice of termination. The article seems to be good news/bad news time. Good news, I’m unlikely to be disconnected. Bad news, I’m likely to be turned into a Talkmobile customer, have my contract modified and start benefiting from TalkTalk’s famous customer service.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like