Microsoft is banking on a pay by the month charging scheme to pull small businesses onto its customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. Traditionally seen as the preserve of big firms, CRM and ERP are moving to small and medium organisations. Monthly payments are available in "15 …
Pay-as-you-go isn't just for phones
The pay-as-you-go idea has been around for some time now and has been used by CRM Software vendors like Salesforce, Salesboom.com and Netsuite. This is a great way to avoid the usual large start up costs with software.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star