Leading IT vendors have clubbed together to form a new organisation geared to increasing trust in IT products and services through software assurance. The clunkily-monikered Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code (SAFECode)* has signed up EMC, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, SAP and Symantec as founder members. The non- …
Has anyone told the lawyers?
I'll change my views on their software reliability when they re-write their EULAs to include at least some liabilities...
Excellence? Safe Code?
Excuse me, just off to laugh my ass off for a few hours.
Ben - a safe pair of hands?
Quote: "Ben Fathi, Microsoft’s corporate vice president for Windows development ... (said)... there’s still a need to build greater trust into IT products"
Too fucking right - and he, of all people, should know.
As for SAFE (Software Assurance Forum for Excellence), they obviously thought of the acronym first then made a piss-poor job of backforming it.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?