Leading IT vendors have clubbed together to form a new organisation geared to increasing trust in IT products and services through software assurance. The clunkily-monikered Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code (SAFECode)* has signed up EMC, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, SAP and Symantec as founder members. The non- …
Has anyone told the lawyers?
I'll change my views on their software reliability when they re-write their EULAs to include at least some liabilities...
Excellence? Safe Code?
Excuse me, just off to laugh my ass off for a few hours.
Ben - a safe pair of hands?
Quote: "Ben Fathi, Microsoft’s corporate vice president for Windows development ... (said)... there’s still a need to build greater trust into IT products"
Too fucking right - and he, of all people, should know.
As for SAFE (Software Assurance Forum for Excellence), they obviously thought of the acronym first then made a piss-poor job of backforming it.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE