Want to take advantage of 7.1-channel sound sources but your computer's only capable stereo output? If so, this little gadget could be just what you need. USB_sound_adap Brando's 7.1-channel USB adaptor The USB 2.0 device plugs directly into your PC, and Brando claims it will deliver 7.1-channel sound to a pair of headphones …
So they are selling another stereo sound card that your computer already has with "fancy" software that fakes up positional information.
Products like this slow down the real pursuit of getting people used to the fact that 7.1 requires 8 speakers!
take a deep breath...
anyone contemplating 7.1 sound - whether through a gadget, headphones or a minimum of 8 speakers should stop and do the 'ear count' reality check!
So its a usb [Stereo] sound card & Headphone amp then?
7.1 My Arse! as Oli said 7 speaker surround & 1 Bass unit, not headphones!
This is a con product for guillible idiots.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update