Still remember Excite? The web portal also-ran used to be somebody in times of internet yore. Excite Europe has now been taken on by something called GoAdv, "a media company specialised in generating qualified traffic on the internet". The Italian firm has declared the modest aim of boosting traffic to the portal from its …
At least it was smart to offload Excite but Ask still need a unique selling point after putting Jeeves in a home. Focus on natural language query for the less boolean inclined.
And Hi to Peter in San Francisco. I didn't know you guys had YTS in California.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL