Western Digital has claimed to have created the world's highest density hard drive platter, a unit that packs in 520Gb per inch squared - more than double the highest density products on the market today. They typically offer an data density of 200Gbpi² - just not enough to yield the 640GB-per-platter storage capacity needed to …
Milking the market
what this reads to me is: WD has created technology that will allow for 3tb hard drives, they could be ready sooner but WD wants to milk the market for all its worth so it wont be releasing them until 2010...
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK