Western Digital has claimed to have created the world's highest density hard drive platter, a unit that packs in 520Gb per inch squared - more than double the highest density products on the market today. They typically offer an data density of 200Gbpi² - just not enough to yield the 640GB-per-platter storage capacity needed to …
Milking the market
what this reads to me is: WD has created technology that will allow for 3tb hard drives, they could be ready sooner but WD wants to milk the market for all its worth so it wont be releasing them until 2010...
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s