Sun has given the world a (slightly) better idea of what's on the way from client-side Java. This evening, in the lead-up to a dev-tastic cocktail party in downtown San Francisco, James Gosling and other Sun insiders talked up several new pieces of the Java puzzle, and though most of the chat was a rehash of previous …
Anyone else pissed off at Suns decision to add yet more spam to our lives by adding ads for Open Office to the Java Updater that they add to Windows systems (without permission!).
Even if you've got OO installed, you get a popup suggesting that you get OpenOffice when Windows starts.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED