Sun has given the world a (slightly) better idea of what's on the way from client-side Java. This evening, in the lead-up to a dev-tastic cocktail party in downtown San Francisco, James Gosling and other Sun insiders talked up several new pieces of the Java puzzle, and though most of the chat was a rehash of previous …
Anyone else pissed off at Suns decision to add yet more spam to our lives by adding ads for Open Office to the Java Updater that they add to Windows systems (without permission!).
Even if you've got OO installed, you get a popup suggesting that you get OpenOffice when Windows starts.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor