Sun has given the world a (slightly) better idea of what's on the way from client-side Java. This evening, in the lead-up to a dev-tastic cocktail party in downtown San Francisco, James Gosling and other Sun insiders talked up several new pieces of the Java puzzle, and though most of the chat was a rehash of previous …
Anyone else pissed off at Suns decision to add yet more spam to our lives by adding ads for Open Office to the Java Updater that they add to Windows systems (without permission!).
Even if you've got OO installed, you get a popup suggesting that you get OpenOffice when Windows starts.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots