Skype users, Beware a new Trojan that uses subtle social engineering tricks to try to steal your login credentials The malware, which calls itself ‘Skype Defender’, poses as a security plug-in. Infected users are prompted to log-into their Skype accounts. Cleverly the Trojan displays what looks like a Skype login screen, the …
I'm getting several of these attacks a day now here in China where we use Skype for contacts with overseas clients and suppliers. The websites look like this one, which isn't very clever when sent to an obviously English-speaking user!:
http://skype dot gx dot cn/tom
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers