Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs' IT boss Steve Lamey has been promoted to chief operating officer. Deepak Singh is taking over the IT job on an acting basis. Lamey was formerly head of IT at British Gas. He started at Customs and Excise in 2004, just ahead of the merger with HM's Revenue in early 2005. He was in the hot …
Sounds like a BOFH plotline
Jeeze! Will Simon become The Boss and the PFY become Head of IT?
And whose side will *you* be on then?
The prick comes along and fucks up the whole IT infrastructure for what was the Inland Revenue. Makes promises to merge the two IT systems, IR and C&E, which he cannot uphold. Put me out of a job...and get promoted?
Who says the government isn't corrupt?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'