Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs' IT boss Steve Lamey has been promoted to chief operating officer. Deepak Singh is taking over the IT job on an acting basis. Lamey was formerly head of IT at British Gas. He started at Customs and Excise in 2004, just ahead of the merger with HM's Revenue in early 2005. He was in the hot …
Sounds like a BOFH plotline
Jeeze! Will Simon become The Boss and the PFY become Head of IT?
And whose side will *you* be on then?
The prick comes along and fucks up the whole IT infrastructure for what was the Inland Revenue. Makes promises to merge the two IT systems, IR and C&E, which he cannot uphold. Put me out of a job...and get promoted?
Who says the government isn't corrupt?
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat